We proudly rent Wilderness Systems, Seaward, and Perception kayaks, and Clipper Canoes.
Kayak, Canoe & Rental Rates- 2017
|HRS||RECREATIONAL KAYAK||SINGLE TOURING||DOUBLE||CANOE|
|EACH ADDITIONAL DAY||30||35||45||46|
|Taxes will be applied to the above rates.*Available at Pender Harbour location only.** 24 hr and multi-day rentals are calculated from the 10 am – 10 am or 5pm – 5pm.|
New for 2017- Visit our new Paddling Centre at the Rockwater Secret Cove Resort
The following rates apply to our premium paddling opportunities at the Rockwater Secret Cove Resort
|Taxes will be applied to the above rates.*Available at our Rockwater location only.** 24 hr and multi-day rentals are calculated from the 10 am – 10 am or 5pm – 5pm.|
Boat, paddle, spare paddle, pump, throw bag, whistle, PFD (life jacket), paddle float, and spray skirt for those trained in wet exits.
We strongly encourage you to call us at 604-885-8838 to reserve your gear ahead of time to ensure availability.
How do I rent from Alpha?
We have 2 locations covering the Sunshine Coast; and we offer delivery service for most locations.
Lower Coast (Gibsons- Egmont):
-Pender Harbour- paddle straight off the Madeira Park Boat Ramp with no hassle! Head over to the Madeira Park Boat Ramp- we are located right next door. Please see our locations page for our hours of operation and more information.
-Anywhere else: you can either pick up your rental from our Wilson Creek store (provided you have roof racks to transport), or, we’ll deliver! Paddle at the location of your choice anywhere between Sechelt and Gibsons for just a $20 delivery fee (round trip, regardless of the number of boats). We’ll also deliver to Halfmoon Bay and beyond, just phone us for a quote.
To ensure your safety, we enforce the following policies:
- All paddlers must sign a waiver for personal responsibility and rental agreement for equipment responsibility provide a drivers license and credit card as a deposit.
- Paddlers under the age of 19 must have a waiver signed by a parent or legal guardian.
- We reserve the right to refuse rentals based on our judgement of weather conditions, paddling experience, type of boat requested, and/or desired paddling location.
- Maximum three people per canoe.
- Maximum one person per seat in kayaks.
- An adult must accompany a person under the age of 16 on the water and have capsize recovery experience.
- Our hours of operation are subject to change without notice due to inclement weather or other safety hazards that may arise.
- Life jackets must be worn at all times while on the water.
- Solo canoeing is prohibited.
- 2 hour rates are the minimum that will be charged and are available at our Garden Bay and Willingdon Beach locations only.
- Please feel free to review our cancellation policy prior to renting.